Annuity eligibility


Q. I worked for the Cincinnati Veterans Affairs hospital for a couple of years from1974 to 1976 and I was told that I should ask about the money I paid into a retirement fund. Where do I call to find out about this?

A. If you didn’t receive a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, go to and download a copy of Standard Form 2802, Application for Refund of Retirement Deductions. Complete the form and send it to the Office of Personnel Management. The address is on the form.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply