Military buyback


Q. I served 26 years with the Air Force and 2½ as a GS-07 under FERS. How do I get credit for the military time?

A. To get credit for your active-duty service, you’d need to make a deposit to the civilian retirement system and, when you retire, waive your military retired pay. Note: To be vested in the system and eligible for a FERS annuity, you’d have to have five years of actual civilian service.


About Author

Leave A Reply