Retirement contact info


Q. I am a former employee that left employment with the federal government three years ago. I was under the old CSRS Offset system (23 years). I am 59 years old. It is my understanding that I can apply for my retirement at age 62. How do I go about doing that? Do I contact the Office of Personnel Management in Boyers, Pa.? Also, what forms do I need to complete? Is it possible to receive my retirement sooner than age 62? Do you have contact information for the OPM office?

I also participated in FERS (Thrift Savings Plan only, no match). How do I access these funds? Do you have the contact information for the TSP?

A. Reg: If you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you can apply for a deferred retirement at age 62. You can download the required form at and mail it to OPM when you’ve completed it. The address is on the form. If you need to reach OPM, you can call them at 1-888-767-6738 or 724-794-2005.

Mike: Visit for TSP account access and contact information.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply