Military service deposit and special retirement supplement


Q. At age 58, I will have a combination of civil service (FERS) with a military service deposit that equals 30 years. Is the portion of service gained through the military service deposit considered FERS earnings when the special retirement supplement is calculated?

A. No.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply