FEHB coverage for spouse


Q. My wife has retired from teaching and is therefore no longer eligible for coverage under her former employer’s plan. Since this is a qualifying life event, we are filling out the SF-2809 but are unsure of the enrollment code for the plan we are changing to (Part C on Page 2). Where can we find that information?

A. Go to www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance/healthcare/plan-information, click on your state and scroll to your plan. The enrollment code is next to the plan name.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply