VSIP and retirement annuity


Q. If I take the Voluntary Separation Incentive Pay and I have 11 years of federal service and I am 40 years old, will I still be able to draw retirement at my designated retirement age?

A. I’m not sure what you mean by “designated.” Because you have at least 10 years of service, if you don’t ask for a refund of your retirement contributions, you would be entitled to a deferred annuity at age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply