Reserve time and military buyback


Q. If an employee didn’t receive DD-214s for reserve duty, how does he get reserve time calculated to buy it back?

A. Reserve duty isn’t creditable service for retirement purposes, so an employee can’t buy it back. He can only get credit for active-duty service, which is normally documented on one or more DD-214s.


About Author

Leave A Reply