Q. I am interested in returning to federal service employment. I retired Jan. 31, 2007. What steps do I need to take to try to make this happen?

A. You could get in touch with your former agency of you could go to Regardless of what you find, just be aware that, in most cases, the salary of your new job would be reduced by the amount of your annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply