FERS retirement


Q. I worked at the Postal Service from 1986 to 2000. Now, I am 60 years old and would like to file retirement at 62 years. What form should I file?

A. If you left your contributions in the retirement fund when you left, you can apply for a deferred retirement two months before your 62nd birthday, You’ll find the from to do that at www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/ri92-19.pdf.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply