Disability retirement and CTAP


Q. Three years ago, I took a disability retirement from a motor vehicle accident. In the past three years, I rehabilitated myself to go back into the federal workforce to repay monies I had received from the Office of Personnel Management for the disability retirement. I was a GS-05 at the Veterans Affairs Department. Am I eligible to apply for the Career Transition Assistance Program, as well as my Schedule A Hiring Authority when applying for new, open GS-06 positions?

A. Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply