Still eligible for CSRS annuity?


Q. I worked for 12 years under the old CSRS and left the government in 1984. Am I still able to draw retirement under CSRS? I will be retiring in five years from the state of California. I had Thrift Savings Plan contributions, which I withdrew.

A. If you didn’t take a refund of your retirement contributions when you left, you’d be eligible for a deferred annuity at age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply