Applying for disability retirement


 Q. I work for the Postal Service and am thinking about applying for disability retirement, but I’m not sure they approve it for severe migraine headaches. How do I apply for it?

A. Go to your personnel office. They are required to help you fill out the paperwork needed to apply for disability retirement.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply