Disabled dependent and health insurance in retirement


Q. I have a disabled adult daughter living with my husband and me. By the time I am able to retire in eight years, I will meet criteria of having 20 years of federal Service and age 62+. My daughter and husband will have been on my health insurance, vision, and dental insurances by then for more than 10 years. I know my husband can continue on my insurance when I retire. Can my daughter also?

A. Yes.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply