Special retirement supplement paperwork


Q. Does a federal employee have to complete a standard form in order to receive the FERS supplement? Or does the Office of Personnel Management automatically calculate the amount along with their voluntary retirement annuity?

A. No form is needed. If you are eligible for the special retirement supplement, the amount will be automatically calculated and added to your annuity.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply