Special retirement supplement and employment


Q. If I retired and got a job that paid me so much that my special retirement supplement was totally taken away but in the following year I quit that job, would my SRS be put back?

A. The reduction in your special retirement supplement would be made in the year following the year in which you had excess earnings. It would be restored in the year after the year in which your earnings fell below the threshold.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

1 Comment

  1. What is the threshold for working and receiving Special retirement supplement, I guess my question is what is the max that you can make before the supplement is taken away? $30.000, $40,000

Leave A Reply