Records of service


Q. I was a summer employee with the Center for Military History in 1979 in Washington, D.C. I do not know how or if I can get credit for that service. I was GS-2, research assistant. How do I go about finding that info?

A. You can get that information from the National Personnel Records Center. Go to, click on Civilian Personnel Records, and follow the directions at that site.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply