Record correction


Q: My SF-50 shows “no” for veterans preference for a Reduction in Force. My 30-percent disability is from a diving accident that was hazardous duty. How do I get my SF-50 corrected?

A: To establish your entitlement to veterans preference, you’ll need to provide your personnel office with proof of your service-connected disability.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply