Leave accrual rate


Q. I am retiring from active duty in the Army with 31 years of service. I have accepted a full-time civil service job (GS-15) with a federal government agency. At my new GS job, will I accrue annual leave at the rate of four hours, six hours or eight hours per pay period?

A. It all depends. You’ll get a better idea of what the possibilities are by going to www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/leave-administration/fact-sheets/creditable-service-for-annual-leave-accrual-for-non-federal-work-experience-and-experience-in-the-uniformed-service.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply