MRA vs. 62


Q. If I bought back (17 years) of active duty and was a FERS employee for 16 years, am I eligible at my minimum retirement age to receive my full annuity without a reduction? Or do I have to have 25 years of purely federal civil service to retire at MRA without a reduction in benefits?

A. If you make a deposit to get credit for your active-duty service, you’d have enough combined years of service to retire on an immediate, unreduced annuity at your MRA.


About Author

Leave A Reply