55 or 62?


Q. I resigned from the Postal Service in 2010 and, at that time, I had 32 years in at the age of 52. I wish to freeze my retirement until age 55. At that time, I wish to draw it. They accepted the resignation. I was a Level 22 under CSRS. The paperwork they sent me says I have to be 62. Can you advise?

A. Your agency was correct. As a former CSRS employee, you are only entitled to a deferred annuity at age 62.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply