FEHB eligibilty


Q. I was a federal employee and I paid into the federal Blue Cross/Blue Shield system for more than five years. I am on my husband’s federal BCBS program. Am I eligible to sign up for my own insurance if necessary?

A. No. To do that, you’d have to be a current employee or retiree, or a widow who was receiving a survivor annuity based on your husband’s federal employment.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply