Q. 1. If I return to the federal government, will my federal pension be reduced?

2. If I return, can this added time be recalculated to add to my existing pension? And if it is added, how long (in years) would I have to work for it to be added to my pension?

3. I retired in 2005 and received a buyout. Will I have to pay back the buyout?

A. 1. While your annuity won’t be reduced, with rare exception, the salary of your new position will be offset by the amount of your annuity.

2. If you worked for one year full time, you’d be entitled to a supplemental annuity. If you worked for at least five years full time, you’d be entitled to a redetermined annuity.

3. No, because five years have passed since you received the buyout.


About Author

Leave A Reply