Lost survivor annuity check


 Q. I have a friend who worked at the post office with me for 38 years. He passed away in the summer, and his wife has collected two checks after his death. She deposited the first into her checking account and she took the second one to the bank to make a deposit, but it is not showing being deposited. How can we trace this check to find out if it was cashed, deposited or misplaced?

A. She should call the Office of Personnel Management at 888-767-6738 or 724-794-2005 and talk to one of their benefits specialists.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply