About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


  1. I am a CSRS with 34 years of service, the only social security I paid was in the military and about
    three years I worked. My wife has never worked has been a house wife all her life. when she become
    62 years old is she intitled to social security.

  2. Russell J Rodrigue Jr on

    I retired with a CSRS retirement in Jan 1992. I married in Jan 1996 and selected a survivor benefit for my wife at the time. We were divorced in Dec 1998 . My annuity has been reduced every month for this benefit. The divorce papers no not mention any continuance of the benefit and neither one of us have remarried and we are both 72 years old.
    How do I stop the payment of the benefit cost from my annuity ?

Leave A Reply