Special Retirement Supplement eligibility


Q. If I have 27 years of federal service and am 57 years old. Do I meet the criteria for receiving the Special Retirement Supplement?

A. No you don’t, because you’d be retiring under the MRA+10 provision. The SRS is only paid to those who retire:
– at their MRA with 30 years of service
– at age 60 with 20 years of service
– at their MRA, if retiring voluntarily under the Voluntary Early Retirement Authority (VERA) or involuntarily due to a reduction-in-force (RIF).


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


Leave A Reply