FEHB enrollment


Q. My soon-to-be husband has retired from the U.S. Postal Service. Can I be added to his medical benefits when we get married?

A. Yes. Under Exception 2B in the Office of Personnel Management’s Table of Permissible Changes, you can be added to his FEHB enrollment from 31 days before through 60 days after you get married. To make the change, have your soon-to-be husband call OPM at 1-888-767-6738.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply