Pending nuptials


Q. I am a civil service U.S. Postal Service retiree who is covered by the FEHB Program. I am getting married soon and want to know if l can get health insurance coverage for my husband.

A. Yes, you can. Under Permissible Change Code 2B, you can do that from 31 days before through 60 days after you get married.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply