About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


  1. Just a reminder, you must elect a Survivor Annuity (from your CSRS or FERS Pension) for your new spouse to retain FEHB in the event you pass away before her. You have 2 years from the date of marriage to elect the Survivor Annuity, and you must be married for at least 9 months to qualify your spouse for the Survivor Annuity.

Leave A Reply