CSRS Offset and increase in Social Security


Q. I am 67 and have been retired under CSRS Offset. Husband will retire at 66 (nongovernment retirement).  Will I be entitled to an increase in the Social Security amount of my retirement annuity under spouses’ benefits?

A. You would receive a Social Security benefit that is equal to the larger of the two benefits, either your own or your husband’s.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply