Converting to regular retirement


Q. I was a CSRS clerk who got injured off the job. I have 29½ years and am 53 years old. When I turn 55, can I convert to regular retirement? (I am currently on disability retirement.) And can I take an early-out if one is offered?

A. If you either recover from your disability or ask for your disability retirement to end, you already have the age and service needed to be approved for discontinued service retirement.


About Author

Leave A Reply