Air Reserve technicians


Q. Are Air Reserve Technicians in the same group as law enforcement officers, firefighters and air traffic controllers when it comes to retirement? I am 52 years old with 30-plus years of service. Can I retire now and receive the supplement immediately or will I not receive it until my minimum retirement age which is 56?

A. Yes, if you are a National Guard technician under 5 U. S. Code 709 (a). No. if you aren’t.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to

Leave A Reply