Disability application


Q. I have a doctor who will only assist in the CSRS disability process by providing medical records. Will this alone be enough to proceed or, better yet, be successful?

A. Your physician would have to complete Section B of the application for disability retirement, found at www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/sf3112.pdf and provide the necessary records. Any additional material, such as X-rays, would come from the applicable clinic.


About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.

Leave A Reply