About Author

Reg Jones was head of retirement and insurance policy at the Office of Personnel Management. Email your retirement-related questions to fedexperts@federaltimes.com.


    • Unless there is something unusual about your situation, the answer you got from the Social Security Administration is wrong.

  1. I’m a SC State employee retired after 33 years of service retired on 9/30/2017 at the age of 57 do I qualify to get the special retirement supplement?

    • Because this is a site for federal employees and retirees, we aren’t able to answer your question. You’ll have to check with your state’s personnel office.

      • Wendy newman on

        Should they take Ny state tax from the survivor benefit I get from my husband,who worked for usps.

Leave A Reply